A Private Pilot License is probably the all around best personal aviation certification for those who are truly serious about their flying and who need to fly longer distances and carry more passengers.A person who holds a Private Pilot License may do almost anything and everything that a Commercial Pilot may do – except flying for hire. A Private Pilot (with the proper ratings and endorsements) may fly higher performance airplanes – including multi engine airplanes and jets, fly cross-country flights – even to other countries. Private Pilots can carry multiple passengers, fly at night and – properly rated with an FAA Instrument Rating – fly in less-than-ideal weather conditions.
FAR 61 Private Pilot Course
|Total Cost||$ 8150|
|Written knowledge test|
Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English Language.
- Obtain an FAA medical certificate.
- Log at least 40 hours of flight training.
- Receive at least 20 hours of flight training from an authorized flight instructor.
- Log at least 10 hours of SOLO flight time.
- Pass the required knowledge test.
- Pass a Practical Test consisting of both an oral examination and a flight test.
Based on a full time course, a student Pilot will need 4-5 weeks to complete depending on the individuals experience and preparation for the course.